RULES AND REGULSTION OF THE COLLEGE|
- All Students should be decently and neatly dressed. They must wear a clean white overcode in the college and hospital premises.
- Student are strictly strictly forbidden from ragging their juniors within or outside the college premises. Govt. of India and Govt. of Tamilnadu havedirected all the Heads of institutions to ban this unhealthy act of ragging. The Govt. of Tamilnadu has promulgated an Act (No. 7 of 1997) to prohibit ragging in educational institutions. Any one, who directly or indirectly participates in fine. Any student convicted of an offence will be dismissed from the institution. A high standing committee will be set up to Keep a periodical watch on the situation.
- No meetings or demonstrations shall be held in the premises of college, hospital or hostel without the written permission of the Dean.
- Students are forbidden to take part in political agitations, strikes and demonstrations.
- Students Association will be formed by the students, only after a written permission from the Dean.
- Students should not circulate notices, pamphlets, Journals or any other form of literature in the institution without the permission of the Dean.
- All students should posses an identity card compulsorily.
- Students should address the Director of Medical Education or the Government only through the Dean.
- Communications to the Dean should be done individually and not collectively.
- The examination applications of the concerned students will notbe forwarded to the University, if there are any dues with regsard to Tuition Fees and Special Fees.
- The student should get prior written permissionfrom the Dean, before arranging educational tours.
- Each student is reqired to attend punctually, at the scheduled hour for lectures, dissection, practicals, out patient department wards etc.
- Each student must have at least 80% of attendance wich is accounted for his internal assessment.
- Student should not absent themselves from classes without prior permission and should submit a leave letter giving reasonsfor their absence.
- The students who are sick shall intimate the Dean in writing, with a Medical Certificate requesting grant of leave for the period of absence through the Heads of Department.
PROHIBITION OF RAGGING
The students of the Institution are encouraged to maintain cordinrelationship with every one in and around the campus. While ragging is strictly prohibited on and of the college campus, it is pertinent to get punished, if any student violates the order of Tamilnadu Government regarding ragging as follows.
TAMILNADU GOVERNMENT GAZETTE EXTRAORDINARY
The following Act of the Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly received the assent of the Governor on 14th February 1997 and is hereby published for general information.
ACT No. 7 OF 1997
An Act to prohibit ragging in educational institutions in the State of Tamilnadu.
Short title, extent and commencement of Act No. 7 of 1997.
- This Act may be called the Tamil Nadu Prohibitor of Ragging Act 1997.
- It extends to the whole of the State of Tamil Nadu.
- It shall be deemed to have come into force on the 19th day of December 1996.
2. In this Act unless the context otherwise requires, “ragging means display of
Noisy, cause physical or psychological harm or raise apprehension or fear or
shame or embarrassment to a student in any educational institution an
PROHIBITION OF RAGGING
- Teasing, abusing of playing practical jokes on, or causing hurt to such student or
- Asking the student to do any act or perform something which such student will not in the ordinary course willingly do.
3. Ragging within or outside of any educational institutions prohibited.
4. Whoever directly or indirectly commits, participates in, abets or propagates “ragging” within or outside of any educational ,may extend to two years and shall also be liable to a fine which may extent to ten thousand rupees.
DISMISSAL OF STUDENT
5. Any student convicted of an offence under section 4 shall also be dismissed form the educational institution and such student shall not be admitted in any other educational institution.
SUSPENSION OF STUDENT
6. (i) Without prejudice to the forgoing provisions whenever any student complains of ragging to the Head of an educational institution person responsible for the management of the educational institution shall inquim into the same immediately and if found true shall suspend the student, who has committed the offence, from the educational institution.
(ii) The decision of the Head of the educational institution or the person responsible for the management of the educational institution that any student has indulged in ragging under sub section (1) shall be final.
ENDOWMENTS & AWARDS
- Anatomy-Gold Medal
- Dr. Evangeline;s Biochemistry Gold Medal
- ENT – Gold Medal
- Psychiatry award – Dr. Venkoba Rao Gold Medal (Psychiatry Clu, Salem)
- Dr. Chellammal Arthanari Obst & Gynaec Gold Medal
- Pfizer award for the outstanding student MBBS
- Pfizer award for the outstanding stdent of final MBBS
- Dr. K. Janakiraman best outgoing student Gold Medal
- Dr. S. Murugapanian best outgoing student Gold Medal
- Prizes – for all subjects – University Toppers