|::: COVID - 19 : Facilities Avalilable|
COVID -19 CORONA VIRUS PANDEMIC|
Emergencies and routine OP patinets and elective surgeries are trated by Non Covid team of doctors
- Govt Mohan Kumaramangalam Medical College Salem is the first Exclusive dedicated Covid Hospital in Salem
- It Caters districs of Salem and nearby districts with the availability of Modern diagnostic Aids and Superspecilaity
- Rt-PCR is done in VRDL lab commisioned under ICMR scheme next to few major cities in Tamilnadu.
- It has crossed 100000 tests by July 2020 , the second highest number of testing next to Chennai,MMC
- Medicine Block is converted into exclusive COVID Block .
- ARI OP is located in same block where patients with fever symptoms are consulted
- Hematology Lab, X-ray are done after preliminary consultation
- CT Scan and Rt-PCR and done in required cases available in same Block limiting the mobility of patinets
- Till date 5000 CT scan and 5500 Xrays has been taken in covid positive patients
- Rt PCR has been done for 2.5lakhs till date
- Online RTPCR Test results announcement system is available for patients to access their reports
- All data are entered in APP and shared with concerned departments.
- Patients reports are informed by SMS. If Positive patients are shifted by 108 Ambulance
- State of Art treatment as per WHO, ICMR and Govt of tamilnadu guidelined are followed.
- ICU for Covid patients with 50 ventillators beds and 50 ICU beds are available
- SARI cases and ILI wards are mainatained seperately
- Holistic treatment including Ayush with kabasurakudineer , Yoga and naturopathy treatment are given during both as inpatient and during discharge
- A triage Complex in constructed for rapid response and minimal crowding of patients . patients who are declared positive are counselled and categorized
- Those who are asymptomatic without co morbidity and ,with isolation facility in home like seperate room with toilet and no elderly individuals and capble of conatcting in case of emergencies are suggested Home isolation
- Patients with mild symptoms are treated in covid care centres
- Symptomatic patients and with co morbidity are treated in hospitals
- Psychiatric Counselling is provided to patients and health Care Workers
- Adequate stock of Drugs, and accesories are available
- Healthy diet as per National guidelined are provided to patients and monitored by Nutrionist
- Doctors are available Round the clock for Monitoring .
- Additional faculties are recruited exclusively for covid wards
- Adequate Quality PPE Kits are provided to Health care Workers.
- They work at 6 hrs duty in turns and are provided food from Star Rated Hotels
- Accomodation is provided in house during duty and in Star rated hotel during Quarantine
- Various Commitees like Food, Accomodation, Tranport and Purchase committes under the Leadership of Professors are formed
- Exclusive block has been ceated for treating Health care workers of GMKMCH
- Transport is provided during the period of lockdown from 6 places around Salem for the faculties
- Drugs Like REMDESIVIR 100, TOCILIZUMAB 400, ENOXAPARIN 40 are available adequately Disinfection of ward and Institution are done round the clock
- Sanitizer is dispensed by the Department of Pharmacology ,GMKMC.
- Biomedical waste disposal of COVID ward is done as per norms.
- Total of 1326 beds are vailable for COVID patients with 500 in GMKMCH, 317 in VinayaKa Medical College, 270 in Annapoorna medical College, 239 in private CMHIS pproved hospitals
- 286 Beds are available in nearby GH like Attur,Metur as Covid care centres and 300 in make shift centres like Periyar university, 8 arts college and kauvery Engineering College.
- Bed strenghth in GMKMCH increased to 650 , and 400 beds with oxygen facility and 170 with ICU care.
- 44 High flow oxygen cannula are available to treat emergencies for covid patients
- Exclusive Oxygen generation tank with capacity 13,000L and 6000L are available
- Another oxygen tank with capacity 35000 L is to be installed
- Totally 120 Ventilators are available in GMKMCH
- Exclusive Hemodialysis unit in Covid block is functioning. Till date 20 patients have been treated
- Plasmapheresis from recovered patients has been started
- Death rate is least with more discharge of trated patients OG department has a separate block exclusively for COVID positive mothers with 130 beds.
- We have a separate team of Doctors available 24X7 to treat them.
- Our first COVID Positive antenatal mother was admitted on18.4.2020.
- We have separate OT complex .
- Totally 669 mothers were admitted in COVID ward.
- Out of these, 176 mothers were COVID positive, are successfully treated.
- We have delivered 400 babies of COVID positive mothers, 40 by labour natural and 150 by Caesarean section.
- 251 Elective surgeries have been conducted
- We provide a high nutritious diet including egg, milk, fruits, soups and juices for the mothers.
- They are being counselled to get rid of the fears by the Psychiatrist.
- During discharge they are given multivitamins.