|::Departments : Clinical : Department of Neurology|
Our department came into existence in 1992. Our current HOD is Prof.S.Sivakumar MD,DM( neuro).
Neurophysiology lab has been started in 2010.
i) Periodic academic activities in the departments.
Clinical case discussion on every Thursday for General Medicine PGs.
Journal club on every Wednesday
ii) Research and Publications:
- Mugundhan Krishnan, PalanivelRajan, ChandrasekharanKesavadas, Rajesh Shankar Iyer. The ‘heart appearance’ sign in MRI in bilateral medial medullary infarction. Postgrad Med J 2011 87: 156-157.
- K Mugundhan, K Thiruvarutchelvan, S Sivakumar. Posterior Circulation Stroke in a Young Male following Snake Bite. JAPI. September 2008 VOL.56: 713-714.
- K Mugundhan, K Thiruvarutchelvan, S Sivakumar. Epidermal Nevus Syndrome- A Neuro-Cutaneous Marker. JAPI. September 2009 VOL.57: 646.
- K Mugundhan, ArunMaski, JA Elanchezian, V Rajkumar, A Thangaraj, RAnbalagan. Mixed Movement Disorder as the Presenting Manifestation of Non-Ketotic Hyperglycemia. JAPI. June 2010 VOL.58.387-388.
- K Mugundhan, K Thiruvarutchelvan, S Sivakumar. Congenital Crocadile Tears with Duane’s Syndrome- Congenital Cranial Dysinnervation Syndrome. JAPI. May 2011 VOL.59: 2.
- K Mugundhan, K Thiruvarutchelvan, S Sivakumar. Familial Episodic Ataxia Type II. JAPI. October 2011 VOL.59: 666.
- Gunasekaran., , K Thiruvarutchelvan, S Sivakumar. Clinical profile and etiological analysis of late onset seizures; A study conducted at tertiary care institute. IJNN. Vol.10, no;3, 2018
- Gunasekaran., , K Thiruvarutchelvan, S Sivakumar. A Study on peripheral neuropathy in HIV infected patients; clinicoepidemiological and electrophysiological profile. IJRM. Vol.6, No.10, 2018
- Gunasekaran., , K Thiruvarutchelvan, S Sivakumar. Cognitive dysfunction in cerebellar disorders. Indian journal of neurosciences.Vol 4. No.3. 2018
- C Selvaraj, S Sivakumar. A Study of migraine cases in a tertiary carte hospital neurology outpatient department: demography, sub classification and clinical features. IJRMS- oct 2018
- KS. Raja,,MalcomJeyaraj, K Thiruvarutchelvan, S Sivakumar. Clinical and electroencephalographic profile of juvenile myoclonic epilepsy in our tertiary care centre. SMJ. Feb 2018
Papers/posters presented in National Conference:
iii) CME/Workshops/Seminars conducted
- Young Stroke of Indeterminate Cause- at Annual Conference Of Indian Academy of Neurology, 2008 at New Delhi, India
- Persistent hypoglossal artery- A rare vascular anomaly- at Annual Conference of Indian Academy of Neurology, 2009 at Kochi, India.
- Familial Episodic Ataxia Type II- at Annual Conference of Indian Academy of Neurology, 2010 at Trichy, India.
- An Interesting Case of Bilateral Anterior Cerebral Artery Infarct- at Annual Conference Of Indian Academy of Neurology, 2011 at Pune, India.
one full day CME on “the common neurological disorders” was conducted on 17 Aug 2012 with accreditation by The Tamilnadu Dr.MGR Medical University for 10 credit points
- Number of units in the department: 2
- O.P Days & Timings: 8am to 12noon (all days except on Sundays)
- I.P Unit & Admission day.
Monday- Dementia clinic
- Bed strength of Department: 15 male, 15 female, 4ICU
- Average O.P: 140,000/annum
- Average I.P: 2000 /annum
- Special clinics: from 10.00am to 12.00pm
Tuesday- Neuropsychiatry clinic
Thursday- Stroke clinic
Saturday- Rehabilitation clinic
1) EEG tests: 6000/annum,
- Average tests:
2) ENMG: 476/annum,
3)TCD: 240 /annum,
4) ECG: 300/annum
||IP in GH
Ix List of diseases covered under CM Health Insurance Scheme
|TN0705 : ADEM or Relapse in Multiple Sclerosis
|TN0706 : Neuropathies (GBS)
|TN0707 : Optic Neuritis
|TN0708 : Immunoglobulin Therapy - IV
|TN0709 : Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Poly Neuropathy (CIDP)
|TN0710 : Hemorrhagic Stroke/Strokes
|TN0711 : Ischemic Strokes
|TN0712 : Myopathies - Acquired
|TN0713 : Neuromuscular (Myasthenia Gravis)
|TN0714 : Neuroinfections -Pyogenic Meningitis
|TN0715 : Tb Meningitis
|TN0716 : Neuroinfections -Viral Meningo-encephalitis (Includingherpes Encephalitis)
|TN0717 : Fungal Meningitis (Min 20 Days In ICU)
|TN0718 : Management of Coma
|TN0728 : Cavernous Sinus Thrombosis