|::Departments : Clinical : Department of Neurology|
Department of Neurology was started in 1995. DM –Neurology PG Course was started in 2019-20 year with annual intake of 2 students. Department has EEG, Video EEG, ENMG, CT SCAN, MRI SCAN facilities. Allied departments like Neurosurgery, Psychiatry are available in the campus. Department has 10 faculty members and other paramedical staff.List of HODs
||2004- TILL DATE
ii) Standard Schedule : for DM Neurology- 1. journal club : every Friday, 2.Seminar : every Thursday, 2. Combined Clinical Disscussion : Wednessday
- Academic activities : i) Courses handled : UG (Guest lectures), PG(Clinical discussion and Lectures for MD General Medicine, Psychiatry, Ophthalmology, Peadiatrics), Paramedical(Lectures for Nursing Studies), Super specialty DM Neurology Course.
iii) CMEs conducted : 2018 – update on thrombolysis.
2019- update on peripheral neuropathies
iv) Research Publications for last three years
- K. Gunasekaran*, S. Sivakumar, A study on peripheral neuropathy in HIV infected patients:clinicoepidemiological and electrophysiological profile - International Journal of Research in Medical Sciences, Int J Res Med Sci. 2018 Oct;6(10):www.msjonline.org – INDEX COPERNICUS
- 2) S. Shankar, K. Gunasekaran, K. ThiruvarutChelvan, Cognitive dysfunction in cerebellar disorders IP Indian Journal of Neurosciences Volume 4 , Issue 3,Year 2018; 105-113– INDEX COPERNICUS
- 3) K.Gunasekaran, K.Thiruvarutchelvan, S.Sivakumar; Clinical Profile and Aetiological Analysis of Late Onset Seizure: A Study Conducted At Tertiary Care Institute; International Journal of Neurology and Neurosurgery : IJNNS_8192_2018– INDEX COPERNICUS
- 4) Selvaraj C.*, Sivakumar S. - A study of migraine cases in a tertiary care hospital neurology outpatient department: demography, sub classification and clinical features. International Journal of Research in Medical Sciences Selvaraj C et al. Int J Res Med Sci. 2018 Dec;6(12): 3872-3878
ii) Specialty Clinics; Headache clinic, Stroke, Rehabilitation, Dementia clinic
- Clinical Activities : i) Number of Units – One / Op days : Monday to Saturday 6 days/week
iii) Consolidated statistics for past three years
iv) CMHIS stat- 3 year
||Number of patients
v) Interesting cases/ procedures done: Discussed in ward rounds, Clinical Meetings
vi) Special services to patients: Epilepsy awareness periodical meetings, Stroke awareness program.
vii) Photos to be enclosed as JPEG format only
Monthly Updates Required
- Academic Schedule : seminar - every Thursday, journal club – every Friday, Interesting Cases discussion – every Wednesday
- Monthly statistics
i) Periodic academic activities in the departments.
Clinical case discussion on every Thursday for General Medicine PGs.
Journal club on every Wednesday
ii) Research and Publications:
- Mugundhan Krishnan, PalanivelRajan, ChandrasekharanKesavadas, Rajesh Shankar Iyer. The ‘heart appearance’ sign in MRI in bilateral medial medullary infarction. Postgrad Med J 2011 87: 156-157.
- K Mugundhan, K Thiruvarutchelvan, S Sivakumar. Posterior Circulation Stroke in a Young Male following Snake Bite. JAPI. September 2008 VOL.56: 713-714.
- K Mugundhan, K Thiruvarutchelvan, S Sivakumar. Epidermal Nevus Syndrome- A Neuro-Cutaneous Marker. JAPI. September 2009 VOL.57: 646.
- K Mugundhan, ArunMaski, JA Elanchezian, V Rajkumar, A Thangaraj, RAnbalagan. Mixed Movement Disorder as the Presenting Manifestation of Non-Ketotic Hyperglycemia. JAPI. June 2010 VOL.58.387-388.
- K Mugundhan, K Thiruvarutchelvan, S Sivakumar. Congenital Crocadile Tears with Duane’s Syndrome- Congenital Cranial Dysinnervation Syndrome. JAPI. May 2011 VOL.59: 2.
- K Mugundhan, K Thiruvarutchelvan, S Sivakumar. Familial Episodic Ataxia Type II. JAPI. October 2011 VOL.59: 666.
- Gunasekaran., , K Thiruvarutchelvan, S Sivakumar. Clinical profile and etiological analysis of late onset seizures; A study conducted at tertiary care institute. IJNN. Vol.10, no;3, 2018
- Gunasekaran., , K Thiruvarutchelvan, S Sivakumar. A Study on peripheral neuropathy in HIV infected patients; clinicoepidemiological and electrophysiological profile. IJRM. Vol.6, No.10, 2018
- Gunasekaran., , K Thiruvarutchelvan, S Sivakumar. Cognitive dysfunction in cerebellar disorders. Indian journal of neurosciences.Vol 4. No.3. 2018
- C Selvaraj, S Sivakumar. A Study of migraine cases in a tertiary carte hospital neurology outpatient department: demography, sub classification and clinical features. IJRMS- oct 2018
- KS. Raja,,MalcomJeyaraj, K Thiruvarutchelvan, S Sivakumar. Clinical and electroencephalographic profile of juvenile myoclonic epilepsy in our tertiary care centre. SMJ. Feb 2018
Papers/posters presented in National Conference:
iii) CME/Workshops/Seminars conducted
- Young Stroke of Indeterminate Cause- at Annual Conference Of Indian Academy of Neurology, 2008 at New Delhi, India
- Persistent hypoglossal artery- A rare vascular anomaly- at Annual Conference of Indian Academy of Neurology, 2009 at Kochi, India.
- Familial Episodic Ataxia Type II- at Annual Conference of Indian Academy of Neurology, 2010 at Trichy, India.
- An Interesting Case of Bilateral Anterior Cerebral Artery Infarct- at Annual Conference Of Indian Academy of Neurology, 2011 at Pune, India.
one full day CME on “the common neurological disorders” was conducted on 17 Aug 2012 with accreditation by The Tamilnadu Dr.MGR Medical University for 10 credit points
- Number of units in the department: 2
- O.P Days & Timings: 8am to 12noon (all days except on Sundays)
- I.P Unit & Admission day.
Monday- Dementia clinic
- Bed strength of Department: 15 male, 15 female, 4ICU
- Average O.P: 140,000/annum
- Average I.P: 2000 /annum
- Special clinics: from 10.00am to 12.00pm
Tuesday- Neuropsychiatry clinic
Thursday- Stroke clinic
Saturday- Rehabilitation clinic
1) EEG tests: 6000/annum,
- Average tests:
2) ENMG: 476/annum,
3)TCD: 240 /annum,
4) ECG: 300/annum
||IP in GH
Ix List of diseases covered under CM Health Insurance Scheme
|TN0705 : ADEM or Relapse in Multiple Sclerosis
|TN0706 : Neuropathies (GBS)
|TN0707 : Optic Neuritis
|TN0708 : Immunoglobulin Therapy - IV
|TN0709 : Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Poly Neuropathy (CIDP)
|TN0710 : Hemorrhagic Stroke/Strokes
|TN0711 : Ischemic Strokes
|TN0712 : Myopathies - Acquired
|TN0713 : Neuromuscular (Myasthenia Gravis)
|TN0714 : Neuroinfections -Pyogenic Meningitis
|TN0715 : Tb Meningitis
|TN0716 : Neuroinfections -Viral Meningo-encephalitis (Includingherpes Encephalitis)
|TN0717 : Fungal Meningitis (Min 20 Days In ICU)
|TN0718 : Management of Coma
|TN0728 : Cavernous Sinus Thrombosis